Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh in India, is renowned for its rich historical and cultural heritage. With its amalgamation of Indo-Islamic, colonial, and Awadhi influences, Lucknow offers a diverse architectural landscape. Architects in the city have embraced this cultural tapestry and created designs that reflect the city's unique identity. Here are some top designs favored by architects in Lucknow.
Lucknow's architectural landscape is adorned with magnificent Indo-Islamic structures. Architects draw inspiration from the grandeur of the Bara Imambara and Rumi Darwaza, both of which showcase the city's rich architectural heritage. The intricate detailing, arches, domes, and delicate filigree work have captivated architects, who often incorporate elements of Indo-Islamic design into their projects.
Lucknow's colonial past has left an indelible mark on its architectural landscape. Architects appreciate the elegance of colonial design and often infuse it into their projects. Buildings like the Residency, La Martiniere College, and the Lucknow Railway Station reflect the symmetrical designs, ornate balconies, and large verandas synonymous with colonial architecture.
The Awadhi cultural heritage is an integral part of Lucknow's identity, and architects pay homage to this rich tradition in their designs. Awadhi architecture is characterized by intricately carved columns and brackets, archways, and the use of chikankari motifs. Architects incorporate these elements into their projects, adding a touch of regal splendor to the city's architectural landscape.
Lucknow's architectural scene has embraced contemporary designs that combine functionality, aesthetics, and sustainability. Architects are experimenting with modern materials, innovative designs, and sustainable practices. Contemporary buildings in Lucknow often feature sleek lines, minimalist aesthetics, and open spaces. The use of glass and steel is prominent, allowing for ample natural light and ventilation.
With a growing emphasis on sustainability, architects in Lucknow are incorporating green practices into their designs. These designs focus on environmental consciousness and blend seamlessly with the city's landscape. Architects are integrating green roofs, rainwater harvesting systems, energy-efficient designs, and the use of locally sourced materials. These initiatives contribute to a more eco-friendly and sustainable architectural ethos.
Lucknow is a city that boasts of rich cultural heritage and architectural marvels. The capital of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow is home to some of the most exquisite buildings and monuments that reflect the Mughal and British influences. In this blog post, we will explore some of the top designs chosen by architects in Lucknow for their projects.
1. Bara Imambara: This is one of the most iconic landmarks of Lucknow, built by Nawab Asaf-ud-Daula in 1784. The Bara Imambara is a complex of buildings that includes a mosque, a labyrinth, and a grand hall. The hall is famous for its vaulted ceiling that spans 50 meters without any pillars or beams. The architecture of the Bara Imambara is a blend of Indo-Islamic and Persian styles, with intricate carvings and decorations.
2. Chota Imambara: Also known as the Hussainabad Imambara, this is another magnificent structure built by Nawab Muhammad Ali Shah in 1838. The Chota Imambara is a mausoleum for the Nawab and his mother, and also houses a clock tower, a mosque, and a water tank. The Chota Imambara is adorned with chandeliers, mirrors, and lamps that create a dazzling effect. The architecture of the Chota Imambara is influenced by the Charbagh garden design, with four symmetrical sections.
3. Rumi Darwaza: This is a majestic gateway that marks the entrance to the old city of Lucknow. The Rumi Darwaza was built by Nawab Asaf-ud-Daula in 1784 as part of the Bara Imambara complex. The Rumi Darwaza is inspired by the Sublime Porte in Istanbul, and has a height of 18 meters. The Rumi Darwaza is embellished with floral motifs and arches, and has a lantern on top that lights up at night.
4. La Martiniere College: This is a prestigious educational institution that was founded by Major General Claude Martin in 1845. The La Martiniere College is one of the few buildings in India that has been awarded the Battle Honours for its role in the Indian Rebellion of 1857. The La Martiniere College is a stunning example of European architecture, with Gothic, Baroque, and Palladian elements. The La Martiniere College has a dome, a portico, a chapel, and a cemetery.
5. Ambedkar Memorial Park: This is a modern monument that was built by Mayawati, the former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, in 2008. The Ambedkar Memorial Park is dedicated to the Dalit leaders and social reformers who fought for the rights of the oppressed classes. The Ambedkar Memorial Park is spread over 107 acres and features statues, pillars, domes, and fountains. The Ambedkar Memorial Park is made of red sandstone and granite, and has a minimalist and geometric design.
COVID-19 pandemic has worked as a catalyst in public health initiatives, technological advancement in healthcare and implementation of health related updates from all over the world. As a result, the requirement for new model of healthcare delivery with a huge emphasis on preventive measures, distant
care and technology updates was put into emphasis. The pandemic could be called as a wakeup call for many hospitals in Lucknow.
They realised the need to make everything streamlined and available for as and when required. The two major hospitals, namely, King George medical College (KGMC) and Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of medical sciences (SGPGI) served as the centers for curing complicated covid cases.
While they played the major role, many other came into the picture as the healthcare places which were upcoming and promising. Let us have a look to the modern updates which hospitals in Lucknow have adopted post the covid era.
Concentration on remote wellness
The pandemic has likely caused an increase in expansion of remote market in healthcare. Many hospitals have switched to virtual means of providing healthcare to the patients. Patient’s home had to be well equipped with all facilities. Many hospitals in Lucknow were able to provide such kind of access to the patients during peak covid situations.
Adapting to technological advancements
Technology is able to make the healthcare sector more sustainable and advanced. This, in turn, makes the services more affordable and accessible. Mobile enabled devices deployed in quarantine zones helped to monitor patients quite well. Hospitals in Lucknow are also switching to mobile means of healthcare by saving on human resource burnout.
Expanding the usage of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and automation
We can see hospitals in Lucknow ,like KGMC , talking about the convergence of technology and
healthcare sector to make a safe world for any unforeseen pandemic situation. AI is healthcare is broadly used to assist health systems, practitioners in removing time consuming administrative activities like patient monitoring, medical transcription and other responsibilities.
Making healthcare holistic and sustainable
The trash generated in hospitals and labs require waste management systems to look after the basic health of the environment. Hospitals have realised the need for safe and sustainable ways of usage of devices and products so as not to create a burden on surrounding areas. Lucknow has advanced in terms of healthcare a lot! The cancer hospitals in Lucknow are doing great in saving millions of lives. There are other huge constructions like Apollo, which are claiming to be the next
big things in healthcare sector in Lucknow. Every nook and corner of the city is now enabled with proper healthcare facility and trauma centers. It is easier for people living in the city to get the services without rushing to huge distances. Cures for heart diseases, cancer and many other deadly ones have also been
worked out at hospitals in Lucknow. The city has evolved beautifully in terms of healthcare in the recent past and we are so proud of it!
Schools and colleges have faced a great deal of evolution since the beginning of education sphere in Lucknow. We can recall schools like La Martinere and Loreto Convent as some of the first ones in Lucknow. With the change in need for education and advancement in technology, smart schools and colleges have come into picture.
Are you also aware of this? The Indian Institute of Management(IIM), Lucknow was established in 1984 by the government of India. It was the fourth Indian Institute of Management to be established in India, after IIM Calcutta, IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore. IIM Lucknow's 185-acre (75 ha) main campus is in Prabandh Nagar, about 21 kilometres from Lucknow railway station and 31 kilometres from Lucknow
Airport. According to the institute's website, IIM Lucknow is the first IIM in the country to establish a second campus. Lucknow’s education scenario has faced a boom since then! There have been n number of schools and colleges for higher education and world class ambience.
Namely, Babu Banarasi Das university, Amity University, Era university and Integral university! Medical colleges and institutes like T.S Mishra and Atal Bihari Vajpayee medical college have also been there in Lucknow from a long time now.
However, King George medical college, is a medical school, hospital, and medical university located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. The medical school was raised to a medical university by an act passed by government of Uttar Pradesh on 16 September,2002.The University has about 1250 undergraduate students (including 280 dental students) and 450 postgraduate students.About 250 students a year are admitted to the four-and-a-half-year course of study for the degree of M.B.B.S. Not only engineering and medical, other fields have also got a great scope in Lucknow. New sciences and artforms like Journalism, Mass Communication, Fashion designing and Business analysis have been introduced in Lucknow by colleges like Amity University.
We have seen a boom in smart education these days! Educational institutes like Jaipuria school, have come up with the concept of smart classrooms. They have equipped their space with advanced levels of student education tools like separate room for creating radio programmes, drawing section, games section as well as dance and co-curriculars section. Schools like these are creating a benchmark in terms of updated and well versed education system for the current scenario! Unlike the older education pattern, it is very easy to get a child admitted to a school of choice by following simple procedures. Our Bizzlane platform is designed in a way that you can easily look for the college or institute in Lucknow and sort your preferences accordingly. We have compiled a brief of all the schools and colleges in Lucknow to make the searching experience smoother and easier for you!
©2023 CYBTECH SOFT SOLUTIONS